Sunday 19 September 2010

Full of Surprises...

Whilst the main focus of our business continues to revolve around architectural antiques, clients are often surprised to find that we sell other antiques.

I have a love of antique and vintage luggage, and can often be found rooting around fairs for sorry looking pieces that have been left to gather dust and damp.  In the rare moments that I have a spare hour or two I am normally to be found with leather restorer in my hands working on a piece of luggage.

I love the versatility of old cases, trunks and bags, and have sold them for a variety of uses including chic under-bed storage, shop window displays, stacks that provide a finishing touch to an antique room, and for their real purpose - travel.

I can no longer take a holiday without using vintage luggage to carry my clothes and cosmetics.  Using a holdall or modern-day case just does not feel right.

Here are just a few examples of the vintage luggage pieces currently in stock.  I'm always happy to discuss your requirements for vintage bags and luggage.  Please visit our website www.wishlistantiques.co.uk for our contact details.

Vintage Chest with Restored Interior by Bick Bros, Cheltenham.

Restored Interior

Range of Vintage Leather Cases by Various Makers

John Pound & Co, London - Gentleman's Leather Travelling Case, Circa 1920.

Interior of Gentleman's Travelling Case with Silver Mounted Accessory Bottles and Ebony Brushes

No comments: